how old am i again?

... did the math - i'm 25 today. i've come to the stage where i can no longer keep track haha.

so yes, it's my birthday, and something about being pensive on this day has brought me here. funny to think it's been so long since i've blogged. i think somewhere along the way of being trapped for months in an environment where i don't feel free has done a number on my soul... i feel like i've lost my inner spark for life. a motivation to express myself, to be curious about new things, to better myself. and as such, it's also been some time since i've felt grateful. sure, i've forced myself to 'list three things i'm grateful for today' in an effort to cope with my all-consuming anxiety but that feeling never lasts. it sometimes takes a day like today to be fully aware of just how many things in life i can be thankful for: 

i'm thankful for a wonderful fiancé, who stayed up till 4am the night before to prepare a proposal surprise 2.0, complete with a heartfelt speech and a DIY hologram video (which is amazing btw).

i'm thankful for a weekend ensconced in a setting where i feel so alive and happy. lying on the hammock at the Siloso Beach Resort pool, listening to the sound of the waterfall. dinner at Tanjong Beach where the vibe was so chill and i could dine under the open sky overlooking the beach. walking with B on the sandy shore, hand-in-hand, the breeze in our hair...

i'm thankful for friends who wished me happy birthday and sent some much-needed positive thoughts my way. friends in my closest inner circle, friends who consistently wish me every year, friends who i haven't spoken to in a while but still bothered. thank you <3

and so many more. i hope this positive feeling stays with me for a little while. but at least tonight i'm sleeping with a smile on my face :)