poems

so, on a whim, i was reading through this tucked-away file on my laptop that contained all the poems/prose that i used to write when i was in high school - and simultaneously getting scared by how much of a freak i used to be while wondering how out of touch i have become with writing. i can't seem to compose anything decent right now... unmotivated, perhaps? or maybe i've just been too lazy to use that part of my brain anymore. i'm gonna post a few stuff that i wrote (mostly emo stuff, because which teen didn't go through their own emo phase?), just for fun.

#1


so we’ll just fall hard and fall proud
stitch ourselves back up when it all comes down
  
#2

tell me with broken eyes
was I the one who made you cry
if you really meant what you promised
that ‘I love you’ wasn’t just a lie

we started out like sunshine
tasted love so sweet it made me fly
but what happened you took it all for granted
we’re stuck here now and don’t you deny

have you ever
missed me like I missed you?

#3

hello you’ll find me here right where you left me
just because we never really said ‘bye’
and it’s almost like a whole damn lie

you’ve moved on whole and intact
but I’ve never been more broken

#4

time stood still as she watched you from afar
wondering if sadness came in psychedelic colours
or muted black and white