BYE BYE EXAMS, HELLO GOOD FUN!

soooo i just had my last paper of the sem (YEAA~) and now's finally the time to start embarking on things i've always wanted to do but never had the time to do. like finish reading all my uncompleted books. doing DIY projects. learning new dishes to cook. but for now... those things can wait. tonight i just wanna laze around and gorge my mind on a buffet of exciting movies :D

also, i am barely able to contain my excitement over my brand new gadgets & toys! i come from a pretty decent financial background, but since young i was always taught to live a frugal lifestyle. i always made a show of rejecting people's kind gifts and constrained any overt display of happiness when i finally got them in my hands. but really, who doesn't love new toys? now that i'm older, i can finally afford (in money and in choice) to get the things i want and this year has been an exceptionally  good haul.


first new gadget of the year: my new Macbook Pro. i haven't had the chance to showcase it but i've been using this baby for a few months now. until then, i had been a Microsoft user my whole life. a Mac was the kind of thing i always admired but never dared dreamed of owning one. it was that huge of a deal to me. my friends even made a Macbook inspired birthday card for me two years ago.

and now, it's mine.



in its original packaging. i swear i stood there for a full minute after i unwrapped the thing, just taking in its full glory and marvelling at its beauty. 


and now, with pretty accessories! rainbow keyboard decals that B bought for me <3



also, this decal which i LOVE the moment i laid eyes on it. i don't know why but something about it speaks to me. 


second new gadget: a brand new polaroid which was a birthday gift by the sha gang to me this year (: i love photography and i love taking pictures so this was just about the perfect gift. can't wait to take more photos with it soon!


third new toy: THE NAKED 2 EYESHADOW PALETTE. for the unacquainted, this is the holy grail of all eyeshadow palettes. i'm not one who usually splurges on make-up but i do have a weakness for cheap bargains so when i saw that this palette was going for under $13 instead of the usual $52 (see site), i immediately knew i had to get it.



 colours aren't exactly the same but i really can't ask for more. excited to try this out!


last but not least: MY BRAND NEW SAMSUNG NOTE 3! premiering just about now because it literally just got unsealed. i have been debating long and hard before i set my mind to get this because i was just too sold by the new S pen feature focus. i know it's definitely something that will optimise my work performance compared to the other available models.



this is one kind of an ironic post considering that i just came out of the exam hall writing essays about consumerism and its emasculating effects on film characters in Fight Club. but it's alright. i am woman and it seems to be my prerogative to like frivolous stuff.